The Business Office can assist with PO creation for those labs that do not have a Ben Financials purchaser for supply orders. Labs should use the Shopper role to complete a cart in Ben Buys and route to LaRue Rainone with notes on what account should be used for the purchase. For assistance with this process please contact MBoffice@lists.upenn.edu.
Requests for purchase orders for equipment items over $5,000 not through a Preferred Vendor must have three quotes or a bid waiver. When the purchase order is entered, it will ask for a custodian. If it is considered lab equipment, the PI is the custodian. If it is departmental equipment, Don Pijak is the custodian. For assistance with this process please contact MBoffice@lists.upenn.edu.
Please contact our local LSP, Michael Ma, to insure your purchase meets University requirements.
Please submit your order online and enter Derrick Bowman, firstname.lastname@example.org as the approver. You will get a confirmation of the order within 24 hours. Sandra Wiggins will deliver the alcohol to the lab.
There are a limited number of procards assigned to each department in the School of Medicine, and all departmental procards cards are currently assigned to existing faculty members. Those who currently hold a university procurement card in the department have the following responsibilities:
- Secure the procard in a locked location so only the cardholder has access to the number.
- Before initiating a transaction, refer to the University commodity matrix to confirm that a PO or c-form would be a more appropriate method of payment.
- Each time the procard is used, email MBoffice@lists.upenn.edu to verify the authorized charge. The email must contain the following information:
- the name of the vendor,
- the total purchase price of the item(s),
- the grant/account where the charge should be allocated,
- and the type of item which was purchased (ie. scientific supply, office supply, book, computer software). This information is needed to transfer the item to the correct account in a timely manner.
- At the end of every month, each procard holder receives a financial statement. It is the responsibility of the procard holder to review this statement, sign it, and return it to the Administrative Office with attached invoices and packing slips; the business purpose should be written on each invoice.
- Tax should never be charged to procard transactions. If tax is charged the vendor needs to be contacted to credit the procard account. Please contact MBOffice@lists.upenn.edu for any transactions involving tax.
- All procard receipts must be saved for seven years. In the event of an audit, the procard holder is required to produce all receipts in an organized manner.
- Failure to follow the above rules will result in card privileges being revoked.
Each procard holder is also required to use the procard in a responsible manner. A complete copy of the Procurement Credit Card user guide, along with card restrictions is available at Penn's procard site.
Please visit the Travel Office's website for more information.